The Speech-Language Pathologist will work in a multi-disciplinary outpatient clinic, and will carry out an individualized program of speech therapy including assessment, treatment, planning, implementation, education, and communication to maximize a patient’s progress toward achieving functional goals. The Speech-Language Pathologist will also maintain a positive working relationship with other health professionals and ancillary staff. We provide speech therapy services for both the adult and pediatric population. Ability to provide treatments for both adults and pediatric clients is required! Experience with feeding therapy intervention is a plus!
- Provides direct patient care, evaluates functional needs and outcomes, and consults with other specialists. Reviews patients functional needs and adjusts POCs to ensure optimal patient outcomes.
- Designs and implements a plan of care for patients based on a thorough assessment of potential development and incorporates participation by family/caregivers whenever it seems appropriate.
- Conducts therapy practice within defined standards of care.
- Communicates effectively with other professional and support staff to achieve positive patient outcomes.
- Practices departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality improvement program, safety, environmental, and infection control standards.
- Documents evaluations, treatment goals, and plans. Regularly updates documentation and maintains prescriptions and signatures.
- Enhances professional growth and development of self and others through participation in educational programs, in-service meetings, and workshops. Keeps up-to-date on professional literature.
- Provides direction and leadership to staff and acts as a resource to promote speech therapy in the community.
- Master’s Degree in Speech-Language Pathology from an accredited program
- ASHA (CCC) Certification
- Active NC license- in good standing
- Active BLS certification
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Disciplined and Self-motivated